Monday, December 21, 2009

Slowing Down

You may have noticed that I sharply curtailed my sharity today. It's a combination of a couple of things. I started feeling under the weather yesterday (and today hasn't been one iota better) and it's getting pretty close to Christmas. I don't think the folks on my nice list are going to be too impressed when I give them a CD of some Christmas music I ripped. So I need to find some time to do a little Christmas shopping. But I really can't do that until I feel better. So curling up on the couch under a blanket is going to take precedence over sitting in front of the glowing monitor for a bit. Besides, I think you have more than enough music already. But here's one more, from 2006. Please download Emilien Allard-Noels au Carillon de l'Oratoire Saint-Joseph (Carols At The Carillon Of Saint Joseph's Oratory) (RCA Victor of Canada LCP-1024, Mono).

1. Minuit, Cretiens (O Holy Night)
2. Sainte Nuit (Silent Night)
3. Venez Pasteurs
4. Gesu Bambino
5. Dans Cette Etable
6. Les Agnes Dans Nos Campagnes
7. Ca, Bergers Assemblons-Nous
8. Adeste Fideles
9. Il Est Ne Le Divin Enfant
10. D'ou Viens-Tu Bergere?
11. Silence Le Ciel
12. Noel (d'Aquin)

7 comments:

  1. Sorry you're not feeling well. Here's hoping for a speedy recovery so you can enjoy your Christmas. No worries, you have posted enough music to keep me busy downloading and listening for quite awhile. Thanks for the great photos and shares all year.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Merry Christmas Ernie. I share Noma Lights' sentiment exactly. You've run yourself down from all your generous work on our behalf. Time for you to take it very easy. Thanks for the Mike Douglas records, and thanks for everything!

    ReplyDelete
  3. First post here, as I've only recently discovered the wonders of your blog. What you've done to advance the preservation and dissemination of vintage holiday music is simply incredible, and your efforts and generosity (with your collection as well as your time) are very much appreciated. Best wishes to you and yours for the holidays!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I hop you feel better soon! Thanks for all the great music you've shared!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey Ernie,

    We all know how much Christmas means to you, so hurry up and feel better so you're well for your special day. Thanks for all the music you preserve and share with everyone, and thanks for the effort you put into it. Merry Christmas and Get Well Soon.

    ReplyDelete
  6. You have enabled so many of us to reclaim Christmas memories from albums once played in our homes. Others have discovered Christmas music that fills the soul. Thank you! Hope you feel better soon!

    ReplyDelete
  7. hi Ernie, thanks a million for all of the great shares! As thanks I wanted to offer up the mixes I've been making for years. 5 years work (with artwork) can be found here:
    http://drop.io/jrholiday
    while much will be familiar to you, you might find a few unusual nuggets in there gleaned from non-xmas albums!

    ReplyDelete

All comments are greatly appreciated, but replies aren't guaranteed...