Sunday, November 29, 2009

Susan & Buck, Buck & Susan


Here's one that I haven't shared out in a few years. I first shared it out way back in 2005, then again in 2006, but it's been MIA until now. I thought for sure this one was heading out to us on CD, but it still hasn't seen the light of day. No idea why that it, but far be it from me to sit around and wait when it comes to a record this good. Please be my guest and download Merry Christmas From Buck Owens & Susan Raye (Capitol ST-837, Stereo, 1971).

1. One Of Everything You Got
2. Home On Christmas Day
3. All I Want For Christmas Is My Daddy
4. A Very Merry Christmas
5. It's Not What You Give
6. Good Old Fashioned Country Christmas
7. Christmas Isn't Christmas Without You
8. Santa Looked A Lot Like Daddy
9. Santa's Gonna Come In A Stagecoach
10. Tomorrow Is Christmas Day

6 comments:

  1. I agree with your comments. This is a wonderful album that should have been reissued on CD.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a fantastic album. Man, I remember this from my youth. My mom has this somewhere in her LPs. We loved Hee-Haw at our house and I remember listening to this and Jim Reeves at Christmastime. I appreciate your efforts to rip this and share this. Is there any chance of getting a lossless version?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was looking for a Hee Haw Christmas, but alas... This was where I ended up. And it's lonnnng gonnnne.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think it was Sundazed that reissued this one and the Hee Haw Christmas recently, so no more shares. But you might listen to this radio show that features interviews with Buck & Susan:

      https://ernienotbert.blogspot.com/2022/11/christmas-on-radio-part-1.html

      Delete
    2. Oooh! I'll take a look and check that out. Thank you, and also for the 18 years of sharing!

      Delete

All comments are greatly appreciated, but replies aren't guaranteed...