Thursday, December 15, 2005

Lynn (Not Loni)


Here's another requested LP! I couldn't believe that this wasn't available on CD. I found some indication that it used to be, though, and it's a shame it's out of print. Many folks out there think that Ding-A-Ling The Christmas Bell is a holiday classic. You may be able to find it on a few compilations, but then you'd miss out on other classics like Mr. Mistletoe and A Whistle And A Whisker Away. So why don't you treat yourself to a little bit of early 70s crossover country? Please download and listen to Lynn Anderson-The Christmas Album (Columbia C 30957, 1971).

(I apologize for the quality of the scan. My copy of the sleeve is pretty beat up. The record has some rough spots, too, but not so much that you won't enjoy it.)

3 comments:

  1. Thank you for posting this. There is something about this record that makes Christmas more merry. All the elemets come together to make it a stand out-the songs-the production-the tone of her voice. Thanks again for making the Season bright !

    ReplyDelete
  2. This was one of my best childhood Christmas memories, my mother would play this album over and over, 30 years later I still know the lyrics of Ding-A-Ling by heart. As I was searching on line for the CD to purchase three copies for myself, sister and brother, I am finding that it is not available (which is very disappointing) and then came across your site. I am glad I am not the only one who thinks this album is a CLASSIC.
    Thank you and happy holidays.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for posting this! It's one of my favorite childhood memories.
    It's already made this holiday season very special!

    ReplyDelete

All comments are greatly appreciated, but replies aren't guaranteed...