Wednesday, December 14, 2005

A Spur That Doesn't Jingle-Jangle


Another oddball LP for you guys today. I was drawn by it's cover, which I think you'll agree is quite, ummm, hip, for an episode of the Brady Bunch maybe. The lead artist, Thurlow Spurr, is better known for his religious recordings (and the label on this is Word, also known for their religious releases), but this one is more of a choral work, really, with happy Christmas music. If a picture is worth a thousand words, then an LP must surely be worth about half a million words. So I'll quit talking and let you look and listen for yourself. Please download and give a listen to Christmas; Time For Song Featuring Thurlow Spurr And The Spurrlows Singing 12 Seasonal Favorites! (Word Records, WST-8310-LP, c. 1966). Enjoy!

2 comments:

  1. Ahhh, Disney. There is so much interesting Christmas stuff from Disney that I'd like to post, but I don't want the long arm of the mouse to come down on my humble little site.

    If you search the archives, I think there is apicture of me and some friends with Mickey & Minnie though. They might shut me down for that, I'd better not mention it! (I didn't put up the picture of us back in the character heads department with all the disembodied heads hung up on the wall, though. They'd really freak out about that one!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. >>the character heads department with all the disembodied heads hung up on the wall, though. They'd really freak out about that one!<<

    Post it! Post it! I won't tell!

    ReplyDelete

All comments are greatly appreciated, but replies aren't guaranteed...