Sunday, August 07, 2005

Oodles of Doodles LXX


How about a four-fer of doodles? These bits-o'-art come from The Melachrino Strings And Orchestra-Rendezvous In Rome (RCA Victor LPM-1955, 1959). I can't tell you what all these doodles represent, since it's rare I make it out of the state of Florida, much less travel to Italy, but I think two of them are easy. Directly below is obviously the Colosseum. The one below that is very similar to a church I remember from New Orleans, but I don't think that fits the Rome theme very well. I'll go out on a limb and guess the one below that is St. Peters at The Vatican. Maybe, maybe not. And at the bottom is the tagline from the front, "Musical Travelogue". You've seen the Melachrino Strings And Orchestra here before, and even George Melachrino, too. I don't know what the difference is between the two, but there you go. Oh, and another tagline from Mr. Melachrino's LPs can be found in this posting.



No comments:

Post a Comment

All comments are greatly appreciated, but replies aren't guaranteed...