Thursday, August 11, 2005

Oodles of Doodles LXXXI


The cable has been out for the past couple of hours, so all I've been able to do is scan, scan, scan. So you're going to have to bear with me for a bit here. I've got a couple of doodles here from Pat Suzuki With Henri Rene And His Orchestra-Pat Suzuki (RCA Victor LPM-2030, 1959). The subtitle of this LP is Miss Pony Tail, and they have certainly emphasized her ponytail in both the cover photo and in these doodles. There is also a tagline on the front cover that says "Vocal Fireworks", which you can see down at the bottom (You know how much I love those!). As a special bonus, you'll see a four-pack of very, very, very similar doodles down below that are taken from The Many Sides Of Pat Suzuki (RCA Victor LPM-2005, 1959). And here's where the story gets interesting. This second LP was originally issued on the RCA Victor subsidiary Vik without the doodles. (I previously posted a scan of the Vik label from that LP in hopes of finding out more info on the label.) Anyhow, you can easily see the similarities found in the doodles on these two LPs. I wish I could ID the artist, but I don't spot a signature or initials.


No comments:

Post a Comment

All comments are greatly appreciated, but replies aren't guaranteed...