Wednesday, July 12, 2023

Christmas In July 2023-Part 12

Good day, and welcome to part 12! All of the tracks in the pile today are spoken word pieces, so if that sort of thing doesn't float your boat, keep on moving. But I hope you'll download this share and give it a listen. It's by far the longest share of the season as a couple of the pieces are long stories. One of them is even a comedy bit, so it's not as bad as you might think. I remember finding that record at a store that didn't have a Christmas section, and the only Christmas records they had were current Record Store Day reissues at $30 a pop. But a few minutes in the bargain bins yielded this track and made me happy. I hope it does the same for you.

1. Tammy Grimes, Music Composed And Conducted By Don Heckman-Little Grey Rabbit's Christmas
2. E.E. Cummings-Santa Claus, Scene Three
3. Carl Sandburg-How Googler And Gaggler, The Two Christmas Babies, Came Home With Monkey Wrenches
4. Joe Bologna, Rudy Dale, Fred Levinson, Robin Lorring, Bobby Alto, John Lollos, Paul Klein, Tony Garafolo, Charlie Grean-A Christmas Carol
5. Dylan Thomas-A Winter's Tale
6. Robert Frost-An Old Man's Winter Night

And yes, the LP said E.E. Cummings. I guess he didn't loose the upper case letters until later on. Also, I paid way too much for the Little Grey Rabbit record, especially once I realized I had shared it out before. But I didn't want to miss out on something good. Enjoy!

MEGA

4 comments:

  1. So is the comedy record Dylan Thomas, Robert Frost, Carl Sandburg or e.e. cummings (aka E.E. Cummings)? I know, it's Frost and "Stopping by the Comedy Store on a Snowy Evening"!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like an interesting batch -- thanks Ernie!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, if you like spoken word, it's good stuff. But some people don't like that sort of thing. :) Enjoy!

      Delete

All comments are greatly appreciated, but replies aren't guaranteed...