Tuesday, July 11, 2023

Christmas In July 2023-Part 11

This month is just flying by. Flying I tell ya! We're up to day eleven already, and there's no end in sight, which is good, because I've got twenty days left. No real theme today, just some good music for you.

1. Mason Williams-Greensleeves
2. Don McLean-Winter Has Me In Its Grip
3. The Ringing Belles-Rachael Kuivinen, Director-There's A Song In The Air
4. Wini Beatty With Rhett Fink And The Folkniks-Christmas Medley
5. Iroquois Junior Public School Primary & Senior Choirs, Choir Director-Shirley Munroe-Hark, The Herald Angels Sing
6. Jenson Publications-The Twelve Days Of Christmas

How's that playlist look? That Wini Beatty track is worth a little bit of a special mention here. It's a very rare bird in that it comes from a folk album with a right-wing bent, you certainly don't see that every day. Enjoy!

MEGA

4 comments:

  1. So delighted that you are sharing the Mason Williams "Greensleeves" with your devoted following! It probably is my all-time favorite Mason cut. I do believe it actually charted in the Hot 100. It was released to cash in on the momentum created by "Classical Gas" and should have been just as huge in my opinion. It is just as good. From a great album called "Music By Mason Williams" with Al Capps Arranging and Dick Glasser producing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There's a book about the Smothers Brothers and their TV show that really clued me into just where Mason Williams came from. I had no idea. Well worth a read if you haven't.

      Delete
  2. You have a talent for finding right-wing folk music acts. Remember this one?

    http://big10inchrecord.blogspot.com/2016/10/the-goldwaters-sing-folk-songs-to-bug.html

    Love the name "Rhett Fink and the Folkniks" - sounds like something Mad Magazine devised. I think I have a Wini Beatty record on Key.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, that was a good one. I should have ripped this one in full as well, but I'm lazy. Discogs makes it almost too easy to find this stuff sometimes, though I wasn't sure what I was buying when I ordered it. I feel like this one was on Key, too, but I'm not certain.

      Delete

All comments are greatly appreciated, but replies aren't guaranteed...