Monday, January 03, 2022

Randomness

A grab bag of random singles for you today, eleven sides in all, each from a different small slab of vinyl. I didn't want to share these out one at a time, there's certainly no fun in that, so maybe you'll enjoy this random sampling of music. The flip side of each record is non-Christmas, so you aren't really missing anything, and I didn't record the other sides anyway. I'm sure there's something here for everyone. I'm also not going to type all these out, you'll just have to look at the labels to see what you're going to get. Enjoy!

MEGA











7 comments:

  1. Lovely! I've never seen the Mary Martin or Honeydreamers records - or any other the others, for that matter.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks great! For a moment (from the credits), I thought Rudolph was the author/composer of "Rudolph's Wild Ride"!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yeah, I'm looking forward to Rudolph's Wild Ride. I can't imagine... Thank you for compiling all of these Ernie, much appreciated.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for the comments!

    Buster-There's at least one other Mary Martin Christmas single I'm after, and the Honey Dreamers was on Rob Martinez's Christmas mix a couple years ago. I've been after it ever since.

    Lee-Careful, Johnny Marks will sue you if you don't give him writing credit!

    Rev-IIRC, it's a disco version. Not a bad one, though. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Disco! Well, allllright! Another unexpected treat-filled post. Thanks, Ernie!

    ReplyDelete
  6. The Nydia Caro and Grace Markay singles are long-time favorites in my personal collection (I even have the picture sleeve for the Caro single). I'm assuming your Markay is probably a better copy than mine. The rest appear to be new to me and I shall enjoy discovering them muchly.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I wish I had the time and motivation to record more singles. I'd love to do a whole season of batches like this, but it's just so much work. It's much easier to record an album of twelve songs than it is to record 12 individual sides.

    ReplyDelete

All comments are greatly appreciated, but replies aren't guaranteed...