Thursday, January 06, 2022

Not Normal

A little something outside my comfort zone here today for Epiphany. I thought I was going to end up the shares yesterday at the end of the twelve days, but I had this and one more record left in the pile. I had recorded this for my own enjoyment, but I decided I'd go ahead and share it since it's kinda rare, and a little out there. It's much later than most of my other shares, much more rock-leaning, and even a little bit lascivious. (I even had to censor the cover just a bit to post here, but the original is in the download. Can't have naked breasts showing up around here, it's a family friendly kinda place. Just pretend those sheep aren't wearing lingerie though...) Anyhow, this is supposed to be a comedy album, but I didn't find it all that humorous. Your mileage may vary. This is The Scrooge Bros.-Commercial Christmasland (Enigma E1043, Stereo, 1983).

1. I Wish You Would Take Your Hat Off
2. Glory To The Store Displays
3. What Smell Is This
4. Jingleside
5. Deck Yourself
6. The First Greenback
7. Cylent Night (The end of this track is a locked groove. It would have played on forever if I'd let it, but I faded it out after a while.)

MEGA

10 comments:

  1. Is this the first dirty Christmas record? There must be others (not that I am requesting them).

    ReplyDelete
  2. Not even close to the first. Think Kay Martin, and then there were party records on 78 that sand of hanging your balls on the tree. You could make a comp that would make a sailor blush. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yeah, I've owned this since it came out and never had any use for it. For anyone who cares, the Scrooge Brothers were Bob Cahill and David Nerlove. Who? Exactly.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This was in my collection from way, way back. I couldn't tell you when I got it, but I remember seeing it back when the collection fit in a couple of boxes. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ah yes, Kay Martin! "I Know What I want for Christmas But I Don't Know How to Wrap it." Don't have that one,

    ReplyDelete
  6. Well...if the uncensored coved comes in the download, I guess it's okay then. "Covering up a perfectly fine and amble Christmas bosom Mr. Scrooge!.....

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you! I have a copy of "Deck Yourself" which was taped off of the WTSR 91.3 radio station (back when it was still Trenton State College in NJ) sometime in the early 90s and I converted to an mp3 for myself around 20 years ago. That's the only song I know from these guys and it fits a NSFW Christmas playlist I break out late at night once or twice a season. I was always curious to know if these guys had anything else. Thanks again for sharing it out.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Rev B-They're fake no matter how you look at it...

    Sean, I'm glad somebody will get some use out of it. Thanks for the story! The last thing I ever taped off the radio was some Elmer Fudd/Ozzy Osbourne song from WRUF in Gainesville, FL. I eventually got a name for it from a girl I knew who did news reports on the station, but it took a while. Haven't listened to it in years, I should go see if I can find it.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm looking forward to an Elmer Fudd/Ozzy Osbourne reunion - Bwack Sabbath.

    ReplyDelete

All comments are greatly appreciated, but replies aren't guaranteed...