Tuesday, January 04, 2022

Bucky (Not Barnes)

I know it's getting later and later, but I've still got a few records in the pile that I want to share out. This is a single from The Bucky Pizzarelli Orchestra featuring a couple of different vocalists. The name Bucky Pizzarelli doesn't mean a whole lot to me, but I'm pretty sure I've heard of him somewhere. A few seconds of internet searching tells me that he's a noted jazz guitarist who passed away last year, no, two year ago now, at the ripe old age of 94. So he lived a good long life, hopefully making lots of music like this single that we can enjoy now that he's gone. If you're still celebrating Christmas (and I don't believe the twelve days are over just yet), or even if you just want it for next year, this is The Bucky Pizzarelli Orchestra featuring Bob Carroll and Lynn Roberts-Dreaming Of Christmas b/w I Want My Santa Claus (Ocean State 7" 45 RPM DMS-3, Stereo, 1982).

MEGA

4 comments:

  1. Thanks for this - I have had earlier Bob Carroll recordings over at my place, assuming its the same Bob Carroll.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love Bucky Pizzarelli. I have an album of his on the Concord Jazz label (and he's probably a sideman on a few other albums I own). Never knew he did a Christmas single, though. I prefer the B-side and I hereby plant my flag...meaning there's a good chance that, if I ever do another non-freebie mix, that B-side will be on it. Good one, Ernie.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well, if Stubby wants it, then it's Stubby's! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Bucky's son John is a fine musician, too. Many thanks for this share!

    ReplyDelete

All comments are greatly appreciated, but replies aren't guaranteed...