Friday, January 07, 2022

More Than A Feeling

This is the last post of the 2021 Christmas sharity season, I promise. There's nothing else in the pile that I'm really wanting to put out there. Keep in mind, however, that I'm going to try to post part two of the 2022 series of Christmas 78s tomorrow and every Saturday thereafter for the rest of the year. That's the plan at least. So you're not going to have to go completely cold turkey on the Christmas music for the foreseeable future. And today is another very special post that's well outside my usual milieu as it's 100% rock music, about as far removed as you could get from the usual 50s & 60s pop and EZ listening that this blog usually explores. (At least before rap music came along. Rap and hip-hop seem to have changed everything, much as Elvis changed music in the 50s and The Beatles changed it again in the 60s. But I digress...) I found a copy of this record at a store in NYC a couple years ago when I happened to find myself there close to Christmas. I must have hit fifteen different stores over about three days before I got sick and spent the last couple days in bed. I still managed to spend a small fortune during my stay and had a healthy sized carry on that really confused the TSA at the airport. I have yet to share a lot of stuff from that collection, but maybe someday. This is a local Boston-area comp that only contains five songs, but what great songs they are. This is the sort of music that you buy local comps for, but so rarely find. If you've never heard this record, you need to download it and listen to it right now. If you've heard of it, then you've probably already tracked down a copy because you knew how badly you needed it. This is A Boston Rock Christmas (Boston Rock 12" 45 RPM BR-001, Stereo, 1983).

1. Sonny Columbus & His Del Fuegos-That Punchbowl Full Of Joy
2. Native Tongue-Do You Hear What I Hear?
3. SSD-Jolly Old Saint Nicholas
4. Jeff & Jane-Jingle Bells
5. Christmas-O Holy Night

MEGA

4 comments:

  1. Thanks! I have a taste for 80s bands such as these.

    ReplyDelete
  2. "That Punchbowl Full Of Joy" is an all-time classic and should be in everyone's collection.

    "Christmas time is so much fun
    A lot of reindeer, gonna get me one
    I'm not a big religion fan, but
    Little Jesus, well-ah he's my man"

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for another fun season!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's great stuff. I can't believe it hasn't been reissued.

    ReplyDelete

All comments are greatly appreciated, but replies aren't guaranteed...