Sunday, November 30, 2008

Hammerin' Hank


Well, if that last organ record was right up your alley, then this one may be too. Unfortunately, I do have to describe it as more sedate, but still good. This is from Hank Sylvern, a player in early television who was also a recording artist. He recorded this great LP for the great ABC Paramount label, and you know how I can't pass up anything with Hi-Fi on the cover. So please be my guest and download Hank Sylvern-Christmas In Hi-Fi: Chimes, Bells And Organ (ABC-Paramount ABC-146, Mono, 1956).

1. Joy To The World
2. Away In A Manger
3. Hark! The Herald Angels Sing
4. The First Noel
5. Deck The Hall
6. O Little Town Of Bethlehem
7. It Came Upon The Midnight Clear
8. We Three Kings Of Orient Are
9. Jingle Bells
10. The Cherry Tree Carol
11. O Come, All Ye Faithful
12. Silent Night

2 comments:

  1. I found the back cover of this album at my local thrift store. Just the back cover.

    Thanks for the rest Ernie!


    Capt

    ReplyDelete
  2. While searching the web for not-so-common and also classic Christmas music, I ran across your blog...looking forward to listening to some of your posts and truly enjoy your photos...I am a photography nut myself and take a camera almost everywhere with me whereever I go...we visit St. Pete area every year for vacation and I have taken literally hundreds of photos in and around that part of florida...keep up the posts...thanks.

    packrat24

    ReplyDelete

All comments are greatly appreciated, but replies aren't guaranteed...