Thursday, December 22, 2005

May All Your Christmases Be Bright


Here's a real hum-dinger of an album for you. I don't even remember buying this one, it just turned up in my collection one day. I didn't pay too much attention to it because it doesn't list an artist on the front cover. I sort of assumed it was a generic chorus LP or maybe a collection from a gas station. Boy, was I wrong. This LP features The Jimmy Joyce Singers, who I just mentioned in the previous post, with an orchestra conducted by the one and only Billy May! Yep, you read that right, Mr. Billy May. And more than one of these tracks are instrumentals, so that means they are all Billy. It's all good, but those tracks are the best. Please, if you don't believe me, download and listen to The Jimmy Joyce Singers With Orchestra Conducted By Billy May-A Christmas To Remember (Warner Bros W 1237, 1958). If you don't like it, I'll refund your money! (Anybody out there got this in stereo???)

3 comments:

  1. From last year's ADVENTure in Carols? Yes, I believe it is. I don't know if this was the first version, or if Der Bingle did it first. I happen to like the song, but it's not the best thing on here.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Any Chance you can reup this one this Christmas

    ReplyDelete
  3. Maybe, I'll see. Not the mono though, I'm sure I've done it in Stereo. :)

    ReplyDelete

All comments are greatly appreciated, but replies aren't guaranteed...