Monday, December 19, 2005

Circle Gets The Square


OK, I admit it, I'm running out of stuff. I'm not running out of Christmas music, but I am running out of recorded albums that are ready to share. It takes me between three and four hours to record and clean an LP, including the cover scans. And I don't even do much processing to the audio. I'm sure some of the sharity sites out there take a lot longer to bring you their music. Most of the albums I'm sharing were recorded months ago, and I've been doleing them out a couple a day for three weeks now. Which brings us to this. Many people don't know about John Davidson's singing career before he became a game show host. He put out a lot of albums, and I don't think any of them are very memorable, this one included. For some reason, this album was on CD for a little while, but is now out of print. You won't mistake my recording for a CD, believe me. Please download and give a listen to John Davidson-My Christmas Favorites (Columbia P 13348).

7 comments:

  1. Thanks again for all of your hard work. The sharing of this John Davidson album reminds me that perhaps the Jack Jones Christmas album could be the most underated holiday album. I don't think it's currently available and when it was on CD it was missing four songs. Any chance of you staying in the swinging 60's male singer mode and givinig us a little Jack for Christmas?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Merry Monday Ernie! Great Christmas Albums! Do you happen to have a Tom Jones One? He and Jack Jones made terrific albums.
    Byron Los Angeles

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jack Jones would be great----great sound-great choice of songs----I know it's more work for you--but if you have it--I'd love to hear it again.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Still -
    I am full of admiration-
    How do you get the time to transform all these music to mp3.
    Thanks a lot, anyway.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ernie rocks, that's all there is to it! xoxoxox

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've got that Jack Jones LP somewhere, but I don't know if I have time to get to it before Christmas. I'm thinking about releasing a weekly Christmas LP, how's that sound?

    I don't think Tom Jones ever got around to releasing a Christmas LP. I've got a song or two from him. You know about Baby It's Cold Outside from Reload (The UK Reload, that is) and he lent his vocals to a track somewhere else on someone else's LP, but the name escapes me... I'd love a Tom Jones Christmas though. Imagine the possibilities...

    ReplyDelete
  7. It doesn't appear that the link to this album is active any longer. Would you be able to reload it? I would love a copy.

    ReplyDelete

All comments are greatly appreciated, but replies aren't guaranteed...