Friday, January 05, 2024

Those Crazy Kids

Here's another record where I'm stepping on some very important toes, but I wanted to throw my hat into the ring. This record was introduced to me by The King Of Jingaling via a share at his wonderful website FaLaLaLaLa.com several years ago. At the time I'd never seen or heard a copy and I thought it was really good stuff. Here we are years later and I snagged a sealed copy last year at some point and figured I'd try to get a rip of it this year. Well, even though it was sealed, it still wasn't pristine, but I think it's still pretty listenable. And if you're not familiar with it, then I'll tell you it's also pretty good. Download and see for yourself. This is The Rhodes Kids-Rock 'N Rhodes Christmas (GRC GA10011, Stereo, 1974)

1. Winter Wonderland
2. The Christmas Song
3. Jingle Bells
4. Santa Loves Rock 'N' Roll Music
5. Christmas All Year Through
6. Joy To The World
7. Silent Night! Holy Night!
8. A Cradle In Bethlehem
9. Christmas Medley
10. A Carpenter, A Mother, And A King

MEGA

11 comments:

  1. Yeah, the music may be good, but I can't get behind those outfits.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Twas the style at the time, I reckon, if you were in a rockin' kiddie band.

      Delete
    2. I wonder if shoulder-covering collars will ever come back into vogue...

      Delete
    3. Seems like a waste of fabric. I wonder how many polyesters were killed to create those outfits.

      Delete
    4. All the polyesters were killed, that's why they are extinct today. :)

      Delete
  2. I'm thinking the parents didn't want any grandchildren, so they made the kids wear those outfits.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love this record. I remember reading about it on the Yuleblog and being quite amused about the backstory of how this record came to be and the shady character who discovered them.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, I seem to remember some mob involvement. Hard to get a legitimate break in the entertainment world.

      Delete
  4. Had this from the King as well -- thanks for the upgrade!

    ReplyDelete

All comments are greatly appreciated, but replies aren't guaranteed...