Sunday, December 31, 2023

It's Alive 2

Up next in our parade of Living Christmas Trees (which is a slightly creepy term if you think about it. I mean, they're alive until you cut them down and drag them into your home, but they mean animate Christmas trees!) is a slightly more professional version from a major label. But if you dig into the details, this was just a small local group that got a release on a well-known religious label. That must mean it's really good, right? Give it a listen and see what you think, this is The C.C. Company-The Living Christmas Tree (Light LS-5615-LP, Stereo, 1972).

1. Sleigh Ride Medley: Sleigh Ride; Caroling, Caroling; We'll Dress The House; Deck The Halls; We Wish You A Merry Christmas
2. The Christmas Song
3. Jingle Bells; Sing Along With Santa
4. Do You Hear What I Hear/Ring The Bells
5. Oh Let Men Listen
6. Oh What A Beautiful City
7. Where Has He Gone?
8. Babe In The Manger
9. Silent Night; Hallelujah Chorus

MEGA

6 comments:

  1. Hi Ernie,
    As I listen to this album, I seem to think there are less voices than there are people representing the Christmas Tree. It does sound to me like a school choir, nothing wrong about this. It also, reminds me of, lets make a album, flog it to make a buck, and every parent feels pressured to buy a copy or two. The poor kids standing in front of a grocery store freezing their AXX off. At the end of Christmas, they have boxes and boxes of them left. They do make lovely asstrays, candy, and fruit bowls. Sorry, I am feeling so mean. However, I would never had made their choir, but I was in one once myself, briefly until I woke up and left.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, someone must have liked them, Light wasn't a tiny label. But the seventies were an odd time, who knows what was going on.

      Delete
  2. I love these Living Christmas Tree album covers. Choral music, well, I probably have my share of it already :-) These album covers would be a great book, you know.... I wonder how one gets the rights to re-publish the photos....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, the covers are probably the best part. But to make a book you'd have to buy an awful lot of these records. :)

      Delete
  3. This is definitely live, but I'm sure it was more than just school or college... Van Nuys, California was a popular place for Word, Light, and or other Record labels to record Gospel Musicals. It is surprising how "Live" it sounds, as most of the the Musicals, I have listened to don't have the sounds of congregation, coughing, etc. But, again, I love this, in many ways :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think it was a church group, probably augmented with a few ringers since it was in a popular recording locale.

      Delete

All comments are greatly appreciated, but replies aren't guaranteed...