Friday, November 26, 2021

Eez For Goat

This is one of my favorite finds this year, though I later realized it had been shared by my friend Stubby years ago and somehow I missed it. Really, how can you go wrong with a goat for Christmas? You've heard of hippos and reindeer, is it really such a stretch for a goat? I think not.  This is The Wilder Brothers-The Old Chiminey b/w I Wanna Goat For Christmas (Wing 7" 45 RPM W-900039X45, Mono, 1955). Who are these Wilder Brothers? I've never heard of them.

MEGA


8 comments:

  1. Lee over at Music You Won't Hear Anywhere Else says that Santa's reindeer were originally goats:

    http://musicyouwont.blogspot.com/2021/11/christmas-blogging-begins-at-mypwhae.html?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great find! And Wikipedia names the two goats who pulled Thor's chariot: Tanngrisnir and Tanngnjóstr. There are holiday historians who believe that, over time, Thor's chariot became Santa's sleigh. In the world of mythology, that is.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I thought the Wilder Brothers might be a country duo, but no, they seem to have issued a string of pop records. I must have been thinking of the Willis Brothers, who specialized in truck drivin' songs.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks! I like the Chimney song. I've loved your posts for many years and don't say thank you often enough.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks all for the great comments! And is it Norway that has a cool looking goat for a Christmas character? His horns reach back and touch his butt!

    And did anyone get my Eez for Goat comment? That's Tom Hanks in The Terminal, telling the Homeland Security people that the medicine the guy is trying to take out of the country isn't for human consumption, it's for the guy's goat. I guess you had to be there...

    ReplyDelete

All comments are greatly appreciated, but replies aren't guaranteed...