Friday, January 01, 2021

44-Scoop The Fourth

Happy New Year to you and yours! Here's hoping that 2021 is a much better year than 2020. I'll get back into the Christmas music today after spending yesterday sharing some New Year music with you.  And today is one of those days with no theme, just a random collection of goodies pulled from whatever I've got left in the pile.  As is usually the case, it's all from 78s that I've sourced from the huge collection offered up for free at The Internet Archive. I've downloaded, de-clicked, de-noised, edited and copied everything to MP3 just for fun, and I'm sharing it with you so that you can appreciate this old music like I do. It's a great mix of stuff today, I'm sure you'll find something in there to enjoy.  And as I keep saying, let me know in the comments if you find anything in here you like.

MEGA

Update-5 Jan 2023-Added a tracklist for searchability.

1. Little Jimmy Dickens-Barefooted Little Cowboy
2. Dick Robertson And His Orchestra-Don't Wait 'Till The Night Before Christmas
3. Swing And Sway With Sammy Kaye-Vocal Refrain By Don Cornell, Laura Leslie, The Kaydets And The Kaye Choir-Here Comes Santa Claus
4. Johnnie Johnston-Orchestra Conducted By Sonny Burke-If Winter Comes
5. Don Baker At The Organ With Chimes-Jingle Bells
6. Tex Williams And Trio With Orchestra-The Winter Song
7. Art Kassel And His Orchestra-Winter Wonderland
8. Hugo Winterhalter And His Orchestra And Choir-You're All I Want For Christmas
9. Julius La Rosa-Orchestra Conducted By Archie Bleyer-Campanelle
10. Nicola Paone And His Gang-Christmas Serenade
11. Joe Moss And His Society Dance Orchestra-Vocal Chorus By Dick Robertson-Santa Claus Is Comin' To Town
12. Russ Morgan And His Orchestra-Vocal Chorus By Russ Morgan And The Morganaires-The Night Before Christmas Song
13. Bill Boyd And His Cowboy Ramblers-The Skaters Waltz
14. Jiminy Cricket-T'Was The Night Before Christmas
15. Eddie Howard And His Orchestra-When Christmas Rolls Around
16. Robert Rheims, Organ And Chimes-I'm Dreaming Of A White Christmas
17. Max Goberman, Conductor-Cradle Song
18. Elsie Baker-Contralto With Orchestra-Little Christmas Shoes (From "Dutch Ditties For Children")




















6 comments:

  1. An endless stream of good stuff for the new year!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy New Year Ernie! I started collecting Christmas music back in 1999. Not as many sites as there used to be, but still going strong after 21 years. Wanted to let you know how much I appreciate your work & generosity. Thanks for all your shares!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Buster-Not quite endless, but pretty long. At some point I have to stop...

    Renny-Back then, it was much harder to find good stuff, and when you did find it, the user at the other end of Napster would log out before you could finish downloading it at 56K. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ernie-You're right about it being harder. I'd forgot all about that. In those days, I was so used to slow downloads that anything that I could manage to finish downloading was a treasure worth waiting for :)
    PS: Hope you won't be offended by a request... Would love it if you are able to share a decent copy of Santa Claus Comes Calling by The Voco Choraleers.

    ReplyDelete
  5. The Voco stuff is there on IA, but it's old rips at a low MP3 bitrate. I couldn't get much sound out of them, sorry.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks anyway for checking!

    ReplyDelete

All comments are greatly appreciated, but replies aren't guaranteed...