Friday, November 23, 2018

Kimball (Not Pinball)

The first remaster of the season, this is a collection of tracks showing you what you can do with your new organ from Kimball. I first shared this out way, way back in 2005, and I've been meaning to revisit it for quite a while now, just never had the chance.  But this year I finally found the time, so here's a beautiful new rip for you, from a sealed copy I found a few years back.  I also noticed that there are two cover variations, so there are plenty of scans in the download.  I try to be thorough about these things when I can.  If you ever bought a Kimball organ, these tracks might bring back some memories.  If not, they may put you to sleep.  Sorry.  This is A Kimball Christmas (Kimball Piano & Organ Co. KPO 82-004, Stereo, 1982).

1. Byron Melcher-Parade Of The Wooden Soldiers
2. John Norton-Have Yourself A Merry Little Christmas
3. Hal Vincent-Mary's Little Boy Chile
4. Bill Ryder-Silver Bells
5. Byron Melcher-Just A Closer Walk With Thee
6. Byron Melcher-Santa Claus Is Coming To Town
7. Hal Vincent-Blue Christmas
8. John Norton-Christmas Madley: Jingle Bells; Let It Snow; Rudolph, The Red-Nosed Reindeer; Winter Wonderland
9. Wade Bray-Sleighride
10. Bill Ryder-O Holy Night

MEGA

4 comments:

  1. If I remember, this actually has some interesting tracks on it. Looking forward to hearing the remaster (especially from a sealed copy...).

    ReplyDelete
  2. I sometimes wonder how some of these songs end up on a Christmas album. Among the words for Just a Closer Walk with Thee:

    When my feeble life is o'er
    Time for me will be no more
    Guide me gently, safely o'er
    To Thy kingdom's shore, to Thy shore

    I don't know about you, but on Christmas I hope not to be meditating on my feeble life being o'er.

    Of course, on an organ record, they aren't singing the lyrics, at least I don't think that Byron Melcher is warbling along with the Kimball.

    ReplyDelete
  3. No time to record s real Christmas tune, but I have this nice hymn all laid out and ready to play. :)

    ReplyDelete

All comments are greatly appreciated, but replies aren't guaranteed...