Thursday, November 22, 2018

A Lutheran Christmas

Next up for the start of the season is a set of Christmas vignettes put out by the Lutheran Church and played in the middle of the night on a radio station near you. I know this because there were notes written on the sleeve telling the DJs when to play the cuts, and to make sure they played the correct one.  I airbrushed out all of that on the official cover scan, but if you look in the folder, there's a version with all the notes and changes intact.  (You'll also notice there's no back cover scan, that's because the back cover was blank and I didn't see much point in scanning it.  That's a tradition that will continue out the Christmas season, so don't be surprised.)  I love these radio-station-only releases, and managed to get my hands on quite a few of them this year to share with you.  I'm going to try to share most of them out here at the beginning of the season just in case you haven't finished your Christmas compilation yet and want to drop in some weird spoken-word stuff.  (Don't forget to let me know if you put any of my stuff on your comp, and send me a copy!)  This is The American Lutheran Church-Stable Born-A New Series Of Christmas Programs For All Radio Formats (Lutheran Records KB 3359, Mono, c. 1960's).

1. Face Of A Mountain
2. God's Chosen
3. More Than A Vision
4. The Generation Of Mary
5. Man With A Problem
6. Of Course To Bethlehem
7. Angels And Shepherds
8. What Child Is This
9. One Dream
10. Two Kings
11. No Sword For Jesus
12. Twice Coming

MEGA

4 comments:

  1. I've been looking forward to your posts for this season! And I'm glad you've switched from Zippyshare to Mega. Looking forward to a great season!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Interesting item. I am old enough to remember when such things were regularly on the airwaves. When I was a kid who got up very early (this tradition does not continue to this day), I had to watch (successively) the test pattern and tone, Dr. Norman Vincent Peale, and the Christophers ("If everyone lit just one little candle, what a bright world this would be," which confused me, given that candles aren't very bright). It was a triple bill of dullness.

    But - speaking of dull - I digress.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Being a Lutheran originally from the Midwest where there were more Lutherans than any other religion I found this very interesting. Your decision to use Mega is a great Christmas present to those of us who love your website.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Agreed on the Mega. I'm glad for the switch. Thank you very much for this bit of spoken word goodness. I do enjoy these.

    ReplyDelete

All comments are greatly appreciated, but replies aren't guaranteed...