Saturday, December 01, 2012

A New Old Ray

The real remaster of the day is this classic from way back in my very first year. (And look!  No Dust-Proof sticker!  Took me a while to find a cover without that on it.) It's long been in need of a redo and I finally got around to it this year. I'm not going to blab on and on about it, so just take my word for it and download The Ray Charles Singers-Here We Come A-Caroling (MGM E3467, Mono, 1956).

1. Here We Come A Caroling
2. Silent Night
3. Deck The Halls With Boughs Of Holly
4. The First Noel
5. O, Come All Ye Faithful (Adeste Fideles)
6. Lullay, Thou Little Tiny Child
7. Angels We Have Heard On High
8. What Child Is This (Greensleeves)
9. I Saw Three Ships
10. It Came Upon A Midnight Clear
11. Bring A Torch, Jeanette, Isabelle
12. Away In A Manger
13. Good King Wenceslas
14. O, Little Town Of Bethlehem
15. Hark The Herald Angels Sing
16. We Three Kings Of Orient Are
17. God Rest Ye, Merry Gentlemen
18. Rise Up, Shepherd, An' Foller
19. Joy To The World
20. We Wish You A Merry Christmas
21. Here We Come A Caroling

MediaFire
Torrent

10 comments:

  1. Great share, Ernie. The sound is far-and-away better than your originally scratchy recording!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi
    Can I, share some of your threads in my blog?
    Thanks..
    zokyat2@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Ernie:

    Wasn't sure where to jump in with this request - is there a chance you could be persuaded to share the complete Joy Strings Well-Seasoned album? Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  4. As it happens, that LP is on the turntable next to me, gathering dust because I've been too lazy to put it back in the sleeve. But no, I'm not sharing that because it's out on CD.

    http://www.amazon.co.uk/Christmas-Collection-Joystrings/dp/B009C89GKQ/ref=sr_1_155?s=music&ie=UTF8&qid=1347918475&sr=1-155

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Ernie -

    Thank you for another great share. It is a solid LP - now sounding better than ever thanks to you.

    Best,

    DC

    ReplyDelete
  6. I never heard your original share, but this is really wonderful--I'm only a few tracks in and loving it already! Thank you so much!!

    -jesse

    ReplyDelete
  7. i love these old records my parents had alot of these and this is real christmas to me

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks Ernie for this fine upgrade to the original from 2005.

    Has it been that long? It's good to see you still giving us these fine gems.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Argh. This one is digital now. http://www.amazon.com/Here-We-Come-A-Caroling/dp/B0049WCEMW/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1368714245&sr=8-2&keywords=ray+charles+singers+caroling

    ReplyDelete

All comments are greatly appreciated, but replies aren't guaranteed...