Saturday, December 01, 2012

Christmas Down Under, Sorta

I have to tell you right off, I don't get this album. I think it's supposed to be funny, but I don't laugh.  I don't know...something about an American ex-pat living and working in Australia, yet singing with a stereotypical Italian accent.  It just doesn't add up for me.  But the reason I'm sharing it here is because of the presence of Chris Dedrick on the record, as co-writer and arranger of several songs, and leader of the band.  Chris was a member of The Free Design, which was featured in my last post, and I was surprised to find his name listed inside the sleeve here.  I've never shared this out before on the blog, but I did share it over at FaLaLaLaLa many years ago without any artwork.  So if you're wondering why the file is labelled "Remaster", that's why.  So anyhow, from the guy that became famous for the insult "Shaddup You Face", this is Joe Dolce Music Theatre-Arranged And Conducted By Chris Dedrick-Christmas Album (Montage ST-72002, Stereo, 1981).  Sharp-eyed readers will see a lot of credits on the inner sleeve (scans included), including "Mary Wilson as The Supremes".

1. Jingle Bell Rock
2. I Saw Mommy Kissing Santa Claus
3. This Time Of The Year
4. Silent Night
5. Medley
6. The Twelve Days Of Christmas
7. Christmas In Australia
8. Christmas At Our House
9. Blue Christmas
10. Open Up Your Heart

MediaFire
Torrent

4 comments:

  1. Thousands of thankings to You from France...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow...there was more to Joe Dolce beyond "Shaddup You Face"? I'll take your word for it that this isn't funny since that song didn't age well as it is.

    What's up with that label? Even though it's trying to be sexy it looks kinda like an 80s horror film poster...

    ReplyDelete
  3. LAughed my back end off listening to the Twelve Days of Christmas...many Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for this truly offbeat share Ernie:)
    Geez...I'll bet Joe D didn't say "Shaddup You Face" to Santa!

    ReplyDelete

All comments are greatly appreciated, but replies aren't guaranteed...