Wednesday, December 14, 2011

Ski 5

Last of the ski albums, I promise. Well, I've actually got one more, the only other one I know of, but it's available on CD, so you aren't gonna get it here.  Anyhow, this is one of the better ones I've shared because it's one of the more well-known and talented artists.  Oscar Brand must have recorded 100 albums, and some of them are thrift store staples.  But some of them, like this one, are fairly hard to find, so I was excited when it turned up earlier this year.  It was even in nice shape, so I think I got some good sounding music out of it.  Oh, before I forget, some of the songs on here were written by Ray Conrad, who's ski-themed LP I reshared earlier this evening.  OK, I'm tired of posting and chatting for the night, so without further ado, this is Oscar Brand and The Ski Bums-A Snow Job For Skiers-Ribald Songs For The Stretch Pants Set (Elektra EKS-7228, Stereo, 1962).  Classic cover shot on this one, too.

1. Why The Hell Do We Ski
2. Skier's Proposition
3. Ski Racks And Boot Sacks
4. Old Ski Tow
5. Ballad Of The Snow Bunny
6. Ski Instructor
7. Back To Town
8. Come Along Boys
9. Roll Your Leg Over
10. Summit Ski Meet
11. Hills Of West Virginia
12. Stretch Pants Lament
13. Skier's Daydream

MediaFire

4 comments:

  1. Best cover of the evening. btw, thanks for what you are doing over at FaLaLaLaLa. No wonder you're tired with all the work you are doing on TWO blogs.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've officially gone crazy for the ski albums. Thank you kindly, sir. Merry Christmas!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I HAVE JUST NOW COME ACROSS YOUR TRULY NEAT WEBSITE, I LOVE ANYTHING TO DO WITH SKIING AND HAVE THE BOB GIBSON VINYL ALBUM, BUT WOULD LOVE TO HEAR ALL THE OTHER SKI ALBUMS YOU HAVE POSTED FOR DOWNLOAD IN THE PAST. IS THERE ANY WAY YOU COULD RE-POST THEM OR EMAIL THEM TO ME?

    ReplyDelete

All comments are greatly appreciated, but replies aren't guaranteed...