Wednesday, December 14, 2011

Ski 3


Have I not reposted this since it first showed up in 2008?  Doesn't appear so.  Also appears that one of the songs skips, so I probably need to find it and see if I can do a better job with three more years of experience under my belt.  But it'll have to do for tonight.  Pretty good stuff on this one, especially if you liked the previous two ski albums.  This is The Blazers & The Yodelin' Guides-Track! Songs Of The Skiers (Kapp 1218, Mono, 1960).

1. Ski Trails
2. Winter Song
3. There's A Tavern In The Town-Vive La Compagnie
4. S.B.B. (The Swiss Railroad Song)
5. She'll Be Skiing Down The Mountain-The Man On The New Pair Of Skiis-Wham! Went The Skier
6. The Happy Wanderer
7. Hop-Sah-Sah
8. Ski, Ski, Ski
9. We're The Gang-Give A Cheer
10. The Weggis Song (This track skips at one point. Sorry...)
11. Beer Barrel Polka
12. It Happened In Sun Valley

MediaFire

2 comments:

  1. Hey Ernie - I absolutely love this album - Since downloading it from your blog a few years ago, I break it out every year after Christmas to get in the Winter mood - I have tried, in vein, to find out if there are any other albums by this great sounding vocal group but alas my web search came up with about a million groups called "Blazers" and none which really seemed like this one. Perhaps you may know more?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, it's a good record, but I don't know anything more about it today than I knew when I first posted it. There's a whole genre of ski records out there, but now a whole lot of info about most of them. I'm pretty sure there are two different groups on here though, but I'd be hard pressed to say who is who.

    ReplyDelete

All comments are greatly appreciated, but replies aren't guaranteed...