Monday, December 03, 2007

The Wright George, Parts 1 & 2


How's about a little hot pink cover action for you tonight? Gotta love these covers. How could something be less Christmassy? I still enjoy them, though, both of them. What's the difference between these two? The one above is in stereo and the one below is in mono. I don't know why they changed the color scheme a little bit between the two, other than maybe to save a little money. I've seen plenty of copies of both, and the color differences seem to be consistent. As I pointed out last year, the stereo version would appear to be a later re-recording, but I can't prove that. Anyhow, I know you're tired of hearing me talk, so go do some downloading. You can get either of these two albums, the stereo one, George Wright At The Wurlitzer Pipe Organ-Merry Christmas (HiFi SR706, later than 1956), or the mono one, George Wright At The Wurlitzer Pipe Organ-Merry Christmas (HiFi R706, 1956). I can't tell you which one is better 'cause I like them both. Now go get busy with the downloads.

Update (13 Oct 08): This one is now available as a legal download! So go get it! Here's a link to Amazon, but it's also available elsewhere.

No comments:

Post a Comment

All comments are greatly appreciated, but replies aren't guaranteed...