Wednesday, December 05, 2007

The Original, Maybe?


Take a close look at the cover above. Now click on over to my previous share. Look familiar? Obviously, the painting on that other record is just a copy of the actual photo on this one. The artists involved seem to be the same as well. But the label isn't the same. This one is on Waldorf Music Hall, and the other one is on Grand Award. I guess I didn't know there was a connection between the two. Now I know. I didn't do a side-by-side comparison (because I'm too lazy), but it doesn't look like the songs overlap. So get this one in addition to the other one, and you're well on your way to completing the collection. As before, artists include Enoch Light, Artie Malvin and Mike Stewart, with the addition of Dottie Evans and some assorted orchestras and choruses. Maybe you can figure out what's going on here. Just go download When Christmas Comes To Our House (Waldorf Music Hall 10" MH 33-140).

15 comments:

  1. "When Christmas Comes To Our House" is a repeat from the "Songs To Sing..." LP. Great post and keep up the great work as always. I have almost 8000 Christmas tunes on my IPod, which I have with me as I'm carrying the mail, so keep 'em comin'!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I used to have this one, but I guess I didn't keep it.

    And I'm thinking, why didn't I? And I have no answer.

    Ever have those "Why didn't I keep that?" moments?

    Worst of all are the "I didn't know that was worth money" moments.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ah, but how do we know they didn't base the photo on the painting?

    Can we prove they didn't?

    (Sorry. I'm late for my meds.)

    ReplyDelete
  4. The kid by the fire engine looks like "Jody" from "Family Affair". Whoa, showing my age again!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I also noticed there are no pictures on the wall in the "real" picture. In the painting there are. I'm such a dork!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm sorry to nitpick, but how did those kids get blonde or red hair with two parents with black hair?

    ReplyDelete
  7. And I meant to mention the resemblance to Jodi, but I forgot about it the night I posted this. Thanks for mentioning it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ernie, you are amazing for coming up with the cover to this. Thank you.

    - tommy

    ReplyDelete
  9. I would love for you to be able to send me the link to the zip file of the When Christmas Comes to Our House Album. My mother in law cried tonight as she listened to her record and found it had several skips in it. If you can send it to me, that would be great. My email is bdann@twncy.rr.com Thanks. Brenda

    ReplyDelete
  10. This album was a childhood favorite, especially the song "When Christmas Comes to Our House." Thanks for highlighting it.

    ReplyDelete
  11. This was a childhood favorite, especially the song "When Christmas Comes to Our House," and I'd love to get a copy of the album again--or at least the single (I've seen online some evidence it was on a 45 too; my family had it as a 33-1/3). Anybody have leads? Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  12. You might want to look at a more recent post. The link there is still good.

    http://ernienotbert.blogspot.com/2010/12/christmas-at-our-house.html

    ReplyDelete
  13. I wish you could re-post this please none of the links work.

    ReplyDelete
  14. "When Christmas Comes To Our House"...

    Could you Please Re-Post this Great Old Album.. Thank You, Stan

    ReplyDelete

All comments are greatly appreciated, but replies aren't guaranteed...