Sunday, December 04, 2005

Up With Christmas!


They keep bringing back the seventies, but they never talk about Up With People! I wonder why that is? I'm guessing it's the polyester clothes. I'll keep watching VH1 for a mention on I Love The 70's, while you download and listen to Up With People-Merry Christmas To You All (Pace Records 1105, 1968).

Well, nevermind. I just found a website where they sell the Up With People music on CD, and it looks to be legit. You'll have to go over there and buy this fine music on CD. It probably sounds better anyway... And I would have sworn this was 70s vintage. Guess not.

6 comments:

  1. A good friend of mine was in Up With People back in the late sixties or early seventies. He was actually in the cast with Glenn Close.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My parents had the original cast album when I was a kid. I knew it by heart. About 5 years ago I bought a mint copy of it and burned it to CD. On the back cover they actually mis-spelled Glenn Close's name and refer to her as Gleen Close. Perhaps this is the reason why she speaks so frostily about her time with UWP. By the way, when I go to the link to purchase the UWP cds all I get is an error message saying I need to enable cookies, which I have enabled already.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Whoops, I guess I posted a bad link. I think it's all better now. They do have pretty long samples over on the site, too.

    Was Glenn Close mentioned by name on the original LP?

    ReplyDelete
  4. How can I download this album? The link just takes me to an Up With People site

    ReplyDelete
  5. You got to actually read what I write, Rato. This one is available on CD from the copywrite holder. Everything I post here is out of print, and the vast majority of it has never seen the laserlight of a CD.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yes, Glenn Close was mentioned by name on the back, I think there is a photo, too. But like I said, they spelled her name wrong. And I did hear her in an interview about 5 years ago when asked about her time with UWP say how ridiculous it was to think you could change the world by going around singing. Somewhere, also, I have a link to info about one of the original 3 brothers who formed UWP. He now motivates seniors to get up and go mall walking.

    ReplyDelete

All comments are greatly appreciated, but replies aren't guaranteed...