Friday, December 09, 2005

Shouldn't It Be Organ City Music Hall?


I know how much you folks love the organ sounds of Christmas, so here is the first of not one, not two, but three records by the long-time organist at Radio City Music Hall, Dick Leibert. Dick's organ playing shows up on dozens of LPs recorded at Radio City, from the 50's right through to the 70's, and maybe earlier and later, but those are the only ones I've found so far. I doubt I'll get all three of them up today, but I should be good for at least two. And here is the first. Please download and give a listen to Dick Leibert-The Sound Of Christmas On The Radio City Music Hall Organ (RCA Victor LSP-2558, 1962).

1 comment:

  1. I am the third generation in my family who have had this 33 rpm record. It is a family tradition I am trying to pass onto my children. I wish it were available in DVD. My dad, deceased for three years now, loved it. So did his mom. It is the one thing I treasure about Christmas past and want for the present and the future. Thank heavens we still have an old turntable. I didn't know two other albums existed. Now, onto find those! Enjoy the download, you won't be disappointed!

    ReplyDelete

All comments are greatly appreciated, but replies aren't guaranteed...