Sunday, June 19, 2005

Creepy Crawlies At Crowley


Stop three was way out in the boonies at Crowley Museum & Nature Center. This was one of the places I had previously not been to. It's way out in East county by the Myakka River. It's a nice little place to go and look around, but I don't know if it's any better than the Myakka River State Park which has an entrance about a mile or so down the road from this place. And it was probably a bad time of year to go. Stifling heat and flooded trails made for a limited visit, not to mention the mosquitos. But I braved it out for a while, just to be able to show you some pictures of the creepy crawlies I found around the place. Above is a stink bug that I found hanging out on an old flower.

This little rat snake was holed up in a tree watching all the tourists climbing the observation tower. I say little, but I don't really know how much of him is curled up inside that hollow tree.

Not so creepy, but certainly crawly is this lizard. He didn't seem at all shy about posing for a few pictures. I won't tell you who's hand that is. You don't know him.

No comments:

Post a Comment

All comments are greatly appreciated, but replies aren't guaranteed...