Thursday, June 23, 2005

Name That Flower III


Does anyone want to hazard a guess about the name of these pink flowers? I spotted this tree a couple of weekends ago, then promptly forgot about it until today when I drove by it again. The tree is probably between twenty and thirty feet high, and has a lot of these pink blossoms near the crown. I think I've seen a smaller version on the same tree in front of a new house recently. I may even have seen a lighter pink variety, but I couldn't get close enough to the big one to tell for sure. Anyhow, take a look and let me know if you can name this flower. Looking closer, the flowers look like large versions of a crepe myrtle, but then again, they don't. I'm confused...

The very top tree is on US41 in Bradenton. The second picture directly above is part of a new planting in front of a new house in The Village on Longboat Key. The last picture (below) is from a tree planted on St. Armand's Circle (it's actually in the circle itself). I think these are all the same tree type, but I've been wrong before.

No comments:

Post a Comment

All comments are greatly appreciated, but replies aren't guaranteed...