Monday, December 04, 2023

Ring Those Bells

I was quite surprised by this record at least twice. First is that there's Christmas bells on the Atco label.  Seems a little low rent for the label that handled Bobby Darin and The Coasters, but you never know. The second surprise was that I really enjoyed it, much more so than some of these albums. The music is good, the sound is good, the arrangements keep it interesting, I'm sure you'll listen to this one more than once. Now if I could just find it in stereo, but I'm sure that won't happen until I've put all the work into sharing this mono copy. So until I find a stereo version next season (I've already waited two seasons...), this is Paul & Nancy Steffen-Christmas Bells (Atco 33-114, Mono, 1959). Enjoy!

1. Silent Night
2. Joy To The World
3. O Tannenbaum
4. The Coventry Carol
5. We Three Kings
6. In Dulci Jubilo
7. Jingle Bells
8. Angels From The Realm Of Glory
9. March Of The Three Kings
10. God Rest Ye Merry, Gentlemen
11. Oh Little Town Of Bethlehem
12. Deck The Hall
13. Rudolph The Red-Nosed Reindeer
14. Song Of The Bells
15. The Holly And The Ivy
16. Frosty The Snowman
17. O Sanctissima
18. What Child Is This
19. Adeste Fideles

MEGA

4 comments:

  1. This LP looks familiar. If I have it and it's in stereo, I'll send it to you. (Chances are slim, but this makes me look generous to your readers.)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You have deep archives, I hope you come out with something good. :)

      Delete
  2. The Yuleblog shared a stereo rip back in 2008!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. All of us Christmas bloggers work under the long shadow of CaptOT and his wonderful Yuleblog. No link anymore, but you can read about it.
      http://christmasyuleblog.blogspot.com/2008/12/paul-nancy-steffen-christmas-bells.html

      Delete

All comments are greatly appreciated, but replies aren't guaranteed...