Thursday, December 07, 2023

7" Special-Part 5

Fifth and most likely final entry in the special 7" sharity today in honor of it being the seventh day of December. This may be my favorite 7" record today. Not only is it on beautiful transparent blue vinyl, it's got some great singing from an unknown local outfit. Mayfair Markets appear to be a West Coast grocery store chain with which I'm not familiar. This record was recorded in Eugene, Oregon, presumably for the stores located there. I was excited to see the special version of Jingle Bells that name-checks the grocery store, but when I heard the great vocals from this outfit I knew I had something special. I know I keep saying this, but this was one of my favorite finds this year! Download it and see if you don't agree. This is The Mark III-The Mark III Sing Favorite Christmas Carols (Mayfair Markets 7" 33 RPM 20047 Clear Blue Vinyl, Recorded In Eugene, Oregon, Mono).

1. Jingle Bells
2. Angels We Have Heard On High
3. Silent Night
4. Santa Claus Is Coming To Town
5. Deck The Halls (Mayfair Greeting)

MEGA

6 comments:

  1. "The Mark III" was the kind of name beloved both of garage bands and lounge acts. But if you say the record's good, I will listen - I want to hear the "Mayfair Greeting."

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow. Really great Mark III share. I have been listening to the great "Deck the Halls (Mayfair Greeting)" track and maybe it is just me but if you listen closely to the vibraphone in the beginning it is waaay late. Happens on the first singing of "Fa la la la la". I can't unhear it now. I still love it despite its quirky imperfections.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yep, still great. I wish it was a full album and I'd like to know who these guys were.

      Delete
  3. Hi Ernie, well I missed downloading this, but not today.
    I remember this store, because as a little child my best friend at the time, his mother always shopped there. It was in a city she grew up in, so weekly she would drive miles just to go there.
    My second memory from this same period, maybe I was 5-6years, my dad asked I wanted to go out with him on a Saturday morning. Off we would go, new tires/oil change, hardware store, browsing stores, etc. Plus I always got to have lunch, popcorn or candy too. Well, once, I do not remember why, we went into a Mayfair market. As we were waiting in line to check out this man in front of my dad started a verbal fight with my dad, then asked him to go outside to beat the crap out of my dad. The store manager was called. The man was essorted out of the store. I was so worried that as soon as we left the store the man was going to be there to beat up my dad.
    That was only visit to a Mayfair market.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hope I didn't bring back a bad memory for you. At least the music is good. :)

      Delete

All comments are greatly appreciated, but replies aren't guaranteed...