Tuesday, August 01, 2023

Chanukah In August 2023-Part 1

Even though Chanukah rarely (ever?) comes after Christmas, I like to share out a handful of Chanukah tunes with you right after I finish my Christmas in July shares. It's a lot rarer to come by Chanukah tunes on the old records I dig up, but they do turn up here and there. And this year features a bumper crop, mostly thanks to one full side of tunes from a record I found. So I've got more than a single day for you. For those of you who're still around here at the beginning of the month, here are a handful of Chanukah tunes for your listening pleasure.

1. The Shawnee Choir-Earl Willhoite, Director-Richard Lindroth, Accompanist-Hanukkah Holiday
2. Soloists, Choir And Orchestra Of Hebrew Union College-Jewish Institute Of Religion-Prelude
3. All-City Choir-Susan Van Dyck, Chairman-Nancy Ferguson, Coordinator-Hanukkah
4. Morleen Getz-Rouse, Narrator-Intro To Ma-I Hanukah
5. Soloists, Choir And Orchestra Of Hebrew Union College-Jewish Institute Of Religion-Michael Horton, Tenor-David Goodman, Baritone-Ma-I Hanukah
6. Soloists, Choir And Orchestra Of Hebrew Union College-Jewish Institute Of Religion-Mah Oz Tzur
7. Hap Palmer-Hanukkah-Instrumental

Come back for more tomorrow!

MEGA

4 comments:

  1. The number of these records you find is amazing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The hunt gets me out of the house. And the collection pushes me out of house and home! :)

      Delete
  2. Thanks very much, Ernie. Look forward to Part 2 as well. - mel

    ReplyDelete

All comments are greatly appreciated, but replies aren't guaranteed...