Thursday, August 03, 2023

Chanukah In August 2023-Part 3

As The Doors once said, this is the end. I've got nothing left in the pile for you after this. There wasn't a huge deluge of stuff this year, but I think it was some good stuff. I've got a lot of it set aside in a special folder for an eventual best-of, but that's going to have to come at some time in the future. For today, you get seven more tracks for the eight days of Chanukah. Wish I could have made that work out with eight tracks, but it just wasn't in the cards.

1. The Shining Lights-Happy Hannukah
2. Soloists, Choir And Orchestra Of Hebrew Union College-Jewish Institute Of Religion-Father Made Me A Sevivon
3. Hap Palmer-Hanukkah-Vocal
4. Morleen Getz-Rouse, Narrator-Intro To Hanukah Lichtelech
5. Soloists, Choir And Orchestra Of Hebrew Union College-Jewish Institute Of Religion-Karen Gural, Soprano-Hanukah Lichtelech
6. Morleen Getz-Rouse, Narrator-Intro To Ken, Ken Yehi Ratzon
7. Soloists, Choir And Orchestra Of Hebrew Union College-Jewish Institute Of Religion-Karen Gural-Ken, Ken Yehi Ratzon

Looks like most of today's tracks came from the same record. I try not to do that, but there were just too many cuts from that one to spread them out. Put all of those tracks together that I've shared with you over these three days and you'll have the whole side of the record. Thanks for joining me on this voyage through June, July & August. It's been a blast. Hope to see you in November if I can get my act together. I'm off to Europe in a few weeks now for some much needed R&R. I'll be looking for you out on Lake Como, and maybe outside Battersea Power Station. I'll be the one in the Santa Claus hat.

MEGA

12 comments:

  1. Ernie! Dude! You rock!
    I kept up with you for a while before nearby stuff got in the way, but I'll get going on the remaining ones and finish the first-pass listen (and occasional nab for adding to the folder from which I draw my future personal mixes) in the next few days.
    Man, you are the gift that keeps on giving! Thanks so very VERY much!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for playing along, I'll try to keep everything up as long as I can. Hope that folder is good and full come Christmastime! :)

      Delete
  2. Thanks for the many tunes, as always. Have fun in Europe!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for your ongoing support for this project, Buster. You're always there with a witty comment through the long haul. :)

      Delete
  3. Thank you so much for another fantastic Christmas In July - as always I can’t tell you how much I appreciate all of the time and hard work you put into this. Every year you blow my mind with your incredible finds. Have a great time on your trip and try not to bring home too many records!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping by! No time for records in Europe, too much touristing to do! :)

      Delete
  4. Ernie, thanks so much for your generosity once again. Glad you're getting a well deserved break to Europe, and hopefully it won't be too hot in Italy. If so, you're headed to London where things should be more tolerable. Hopefully you don't get stuck out in Battersea, as London has a thriving vinyl scene. I've found a lot of good Christmas music in London and on the continent, as much of it never makes it over the pond. I'm sure you'll be able to sandwich a vinyl store or two in between scones.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Only there for a little while, so not likely any time for record digging. And my bags are likely to be overweight anyway...

      Delete
  5. Thanks for part 3.
    - mel

    ReplyDelete
  6. Enjoy the break......for already I hear the faintest intonations of jingle bells.....oh wait, it's my neighbor's wind chimes. It's August...I suspect the first Christmas decorations will be out at the stores soon (sigh....) if not already.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I haven't been to WalMart lately, but I suspect you're right. :(

      Delete

All comments are greatly appreciated, but replies aren't guaranteed...