Saturday, November 30, 2019

Green Greetings

Tonight's remaster is a 7" 45 RPM of greetings from Columbia Records artists.  I shared this one out in 2010 with you from a very scratchy copy that I spent a lot of time working with to eliminate all the skips.  But this much cleaner version is ripped from a nice new copy I found in the famous Ameoba Records in Hollywood, CA, during a visit this past January.  There's lots of stuff to see and do in LA, but one of my first stops was this great record store, and it did not disappoint.  Even three weeks after Christmas, I was still able to find a nice selection of Christmas music and brought it all home with me on the plane.  Now if I could make it during the holiday season when they have a really nice selection.  I'll add that to my life goals.  In the meantime, this is Holiday Greetings Voice Tracks (Columbia 7" 45 RPM JZSP 111921/2 Green Vinyl Promo).

1. Jimmy Dean
2-3. Jerry Vale
4. Andy Williams
5-6. Patti Page
6-8. Percy Faith
9-12. Ray Conniff

MEGA

5 comments:

  1. Amoeba is great. You got lucky, though. I am usually in LA in January and always make an Amoeba run while I’m there. They’ve always taken the Christmas section down whenever I arrive after the first week of the New Year.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was only in Amoeba once and that was at least 20 years ago. Can't remember what I bought.

    I have one of these Christmas-greetings things, also on Columbia (I think), but I've been too lazy to transfer it because it has locked grooves.

    ReplyDelete
  3. he's talking about holiday greetings and christmas music and green plastic records. but it's all covered up in the photo with green paper. and then... and then... and then... ah-ah. stupid me, i finally get it. greensleeves!

    green sleeves!! GREENSLEEVES !!! you're killing me! YOU'RE KILLING ME !!!






















    ReplyDelete
  4. Just snagged this one. I'll listen tonight. thank you!

    ReplyDelete

All comments are greatly appreciated, but replies aren't guaranteed...