Friday, July 12, 2019

Christmas In July 2019-Part 28

Welcome to another fine evening presentation of Christmas In July.  Tonight, we visit many different parts of the world through song, or at least some churches and high schools here in the USA.  Let's begin, shall we.

1. Redlands High School Concert Choir-Director, Wilbur H. Schowalter-Roger Kremer, Narrator, Soloist-On This Happy Morn from Redlands High School Concert Choir 1964-65 (Handel Record Mfg. H-2008 (on Sleeve) H-2009 (on Label) Blue Vinyl, Mono, 1965).  With a name like Redlans, you'd think it would be pressed on red vinyl.  But no, it's a pretty blue.

2. Johnny Keating And All Stars-Snowface from English Jazz (Bally BAL 12001, Mono, 1956).  What's a Snowface?  I don't know...

3. Joni James-Music Supervision By Tony Acquaviva-Ave Maria from One Hundred Voices...One Hundred Strings & Joni James (MGM SE3892, Stereo, 1960).  I buy lots of Joni James records.  I'm not sure why though, I'm not her biggest fan.  They look nice, I guess. Sorry about the noise in there.

4. Wayne Johnson With The Evangel Quartet-Go Tell It On The Mountain from Spiritual Classics (Music City MC WJ 114, Stereo). Not too sure about this one...

5. 1969 Tennessee All-State Orchestra-Thor Johnson, Conductor-Jesu, Joy Of Man's Desiring from Tennessee All-State 1969 (Century 33790, Stereo, 1969). When all else fails in a day of searching fot Christmas music, I can almost always bring home a copy of this song.

6. Unknown Artist-A Joyful Carol from Choral Celebration Vol. V (Jenson Publications JP-4000, Stereo, 1983).  Demo.

7. Jean Martinon Conducting The Israel Philharmonic Orchestra-Les Patineurs-Pas De Trois from Le Cid-Ballet Music/Les Patineurs (The Skaters)-Ballet (London CS 6058, Stereo, 1958).  Another installment in this long-running series about a roller derby team and their pursuit of gold in the 1952 Winter Olympics.

8. The Wooten Sisters-The Little Boy From The Carpenter Shop from The Little Boy From The Carpenter Shop (Homecoming HR-WS-1700, Stereo).  I sorta assumed the little boy in question was Jesus, but you never know...

9. Conducted By Bruno Nicolai, Violin Soloist-Dino Asciolla-A Love Like The Snow (Un Amore Come La Neve) from The Red Tent (Paramount Records PAS 6019, Stereo, 1971). Soundtrack music written by Ennio Morricone!

10. Arthur Winograd Conducting The Virtuoso Symphony Of London-March Of The Little Lead Soldiers, Op. 14 No. 6 from Marches For Children (Audio Fidelity FCS 50,007, Stereo, 1959). From the label that jumped the gun and issued the first stereo LP in November of 1957.

That's all for tonight, I'm tired, I'm going to bed.  More coming tomorrow.  Here's the linky-link.

4 comments:

  1. No wonder you are tired - you have posted 280 songs in less than two weeks.

    You know, I have a pile of Joni James records myself, even though she sings out of tune. What's the attraction anyway?

    I never knew that Les Patineurs was about a roller derby team.

    I have a copy of The Red Tent with a no-doubt highly valuable promo cover should you wish to make me a lavish monetary offer for its purchase.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ernie, dude, you continue to honor and gift us with all these big fun near-terpsichorean diversions. I myself am SO VERY APPRECIATIVE.

    I've been collecting from you since 2006, long enough to get remasters on a few. You have given me the happy joy of sharing some of your foreign language efforts (Spanish, Polish, Greek, etc.) with native speakers of those languages. ALWAYS, they are pleased beyond words that you have enabled them to hear music and words that some of them so fondly remember from their earlier lives.

    Another pleasant and sometimes exciting vector lies with my seasonal-mix efforts (off and on since 1999) and how I get to peruse your shares for new and exciting contributions. That is ALWAYS another big fun.

    Again, dude, SO VERY APPRECIATIVE. Felicitations and many thanks to you, sir.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Welcome back to the party. Hope you find something this year that's worthy of your devotion. And thanks for being here all these years. Seems like just yesterday when I was excited to post two tracks a day. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I agree with your comment about Jesu, Joy Of Man's Desiring. I really enjoyed this track and appreciate hearing different versions. Also enjoyed this share's demo. Too bad it was cut short.

    ReplyDelete

All comments are greatly appreciated, but replies aren't guaranteed...