Saturday, August 25, 2018

Christmas In July 2018-Day 50!

Yep, that's right, day 50!  Didn't think it would go this long this year, but here we are.  Nothing too special for you tonight, I'm afraid.  I'd hoped to get this post up this morning, but the day got away from me and here it is evening already.  I'm going to throw this up in a hurry because I'm hungry and I want to go eat.

1. Ave Maria by Virgil Fox
2. Fire And Ice Ballet-Pt. 2 by D'Artega
3. Footprints In The Snow by Lester Flatt And Earl Scruggs
4. My Favourite Things by Ronnie Aldrich And His Two Pianos (A UK pressing, thus the extra U in there.)
5. Pine Cones And Holly Berries (With "It's Beginning To Look Like Christmas") by The Merrill Staton Voices (I keep trying to write Stanton, but that's not right, it's Staton!)
6. Waltz Of The Flowers by Ernest Ansermet
7. Bugler's Holiday by Frederick Fennell Conducting The Eastman-Rochester "Pops" Orchestra
8. Hallelujah Chorus by The Combined Choirs of Christ Presbyterian Church
9. In Bethlehem 'Neath Starlit Skies (Wait's Carol) by The Ringing Bells
10. I've Got My Love To Keep Me Warm by Cleo Laine With Johnny Keating And His Orchestra

And that's it.  Sorry about the condensed format, but I'm hungry, gotta go eat.

Zippyshare

2 comments:

  1. i think it’s amazing how much additional music, re-orchestration, and general latitude is taken with all these renditions of tchaikovsky’s nutcracker suite. i bet if i tried to change a note of tchaikovsky, i’d have every radio commentator, comic book editor, and ex-hippy-with-a-mimeograph-machine on me like white on rice.

    and you’ll never convince me that half these songs belong in the standard christmas repertoire; but you can include flatt & scruggs’ “footprints in the snow” in any list, any time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Caught back up once again! Thank you! Merry Christmas! Love to have more bells, and Flatt and Scruggs of course.

    ReplyDelete

All comments are greatly appreciated, but replies aren't guaranteed...