Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Yet More Carillon


A couple years ago, I went on a rampage and shared out all the LPs I could find by John Klein. Well, I missed one. This LP, released on Columbia, had escaped me until this year. But now I'm making up for that oversight, and sharing this one with you. Please download John Klein-Caroling On The Carillon-A New Sound Of Christmas (Columbia CL 1056, Mono, 1957). I think you'll really enjoy it.

1. Joy To The World
2. O Little Town Of Bethlehem
3. Away In A Manger
4. Deck The Hall With Boughs Of Holly
5. O Come, O Come, Emmanuel
6. Bring A Torch, Jeanette, Isabella
7. The First Nowell
8. What Child Is This?
9. O Tannenbaum
10. O Holy Night
11. O Come All Ye Faithful
12. Lo, How A Rose E'er Blooming
13. Come, Shepherds, Rise
14. God Rest Ye Merry, Gentlemen
15. It Came Upon The Midnight Clear
16. Coventry Carol
17. Good Christian Men, Rejoice
18. We Three Kings Of Orient Are
19. Hark! The Herald Angels Sing
20. Silent Night, Holy Night


Update: Somebody finally made the old analog record available in a new digital format. Head on over to iTunes, and you can download this one. They don't have the original artwork, though, so be sure you grab a copy of my scan up above first.

1 comment:

  1. When I was a teenager our church built a new one, and of course had a new organ. It had a Carillon with it as well, and being the little music techno-geeks my twin brother and I were, we HAD to know all about it. The organist was very understanding and gladly showed us the wonders of the device. Christmas eve services always put that thing to the best use. This brought back those memories....THANKS!

    - MoonBear

    ReplyDelete

All comments are greatly appreciated, but replies aren't guaranteed...