Wednesday, December 19, 2007

All The Way From Australia


I think perhaps I've been remiss in not re-sharing this one with you before now. This is one of my favorite shares every year. Not only does it have great music, it has a great story. The scan you see above is of an Australian pressing of the album that somehow made it to the USA. I found it and recorded it. Later I was told that it's the same music as the Living Voices LP shown below. So I could have gotten this all along, but didn't. Would I have paid a lot of attention to the LP below if I didn't know the connection the one above? Probably not. But I should. I should pay attention to every Christmas record I find, because you never know what's in those grooves. But I'm blathering. If you don't already have it, go download Christmas Surprises From The Ralph Hunter Choir (RCA of Australia SL10911, 1959) or, if you prefer, Living Voices Sing Christmas Music (RCA Camden CAS 725, 1962). Both of those links go to the same place, so don't think you're going to get two recordings here. That's my whole point, they are the same thing! For more info, go read my posts from 2005 and 2006. And don't forget to read the comments, that's where the real interesting info shows up.

No comments:

Post a Comment

All comments are greatly appreciated, but replies aren't guaranteed...