Sunday, December 16, 2007

Go USA-Part Six


It's taken me most of the day to get this one ready to go. And there is still a big skip in the middle of Rosemary Clooney's Silent Night. There doesn't seem to be anything else I can do to get rid of it, so I apologize. This record was originally slated to go up under the heading of 'Missing Music', because when I first pulled it out of the sleeve to record it, there was a different record in there. But then a small Christmas miracle occurred. I found another copy three days ago! So I'm sharing this little gift with all of you, and I think you'll really enjoy it. Side one is a radio show featuring interviews with the one and only Rosemary Clooney, and features three of her songs. I think these are just the usual recordings of her tunes, not something she did special for the show. But the little interview bits are good. Also included are exclusive recordings by Jack Halloran leading the Chancel Choir from First Presbyterian Church, Sherman Oaks, CA, as well as The USAF Academy Falconaires. There's a whole range of stuff in there, you're sure to find something you like. Side two is a live show from the stage of the Grand Ole Opry! I didn't even try to cut this one into tracks, so you're just going to have to listen to it as one long 25 minute track. It stars Archie Campbell, Dottie West, The Jordanaires and Charlie McCoy. There's plenty of good stuff in this one as well. Please don't delay and download Two Sides Of Christmas (United States Air Force) and listen to this music that hasn't been heard in over 30 years. I've got one more entry into my military salute, but it's going to have to wait until tomorrow. Be sure to come back by then.

3 comments:

  1. I am also going to be posting this on BBOH as I have a fairly clean copy. I do want to say that I think the Rosemary Clooney tracks are unique to this record. White Christmas includes the original opening line about L.A. I do not have Clooney or Bing singing that line anywhere else, far as I know. Do you have either singing the original line on another record?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ernie, the links to your Air Force shares from back in December of 2007 have expired. Any chance of reloading them?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Badgercat, I re-recorded a lot of these, plus some more, with hopes of sharing them out last Christmas, but never got around to it. They'll show up again someday.

    They never seemed to be too popular back when I first posted them, though.

    ReplyDelete

All comments are greatly appreciated, but replies aren't guaranteed...