Tuesday, July 04, 2006

Christmas In July-Part 4

Here we are at the 4th of July already, how time flies when you don't have to go to work every day! Today you get another set of matched tracks, this time there are two versions of Greensleeves. Some people don't consider this a Christmas song, but you don't really hear it any other time of year, do you? Well, maybe at some Renaissance Faire or something... Anyhow, the first artist is the Stanley-Johnson Orchestra, which just happens to be the fourth harp artist I alluded to yesterday. The LP is called Have Harp, Can't Travel (Liberty LST 7118), and features a truly inspired cover that I wish I could share with you. Track two is from percussion star extraordinaire Dick Schory and his classic Stereo Action LP Runnin' Wild (RCA Victor LSA-2306, 1961). (There was a small commotion in the blogosphere recently as several blogs got together and re-released the entire Stereo Action series on MP3. You can follow the links here. But that's really got nothing to do with Christmas.) So, please download these two tracks, and let me know what you think.

Just a quick little note-All of the tracks I'm sharing were ripped from my own vinyl. I don't like to share out stuff that I got from other folks. So even though some of this stuff may have been shared elsewhere, like the Dick Schory, I recorded my own LP. So it may be a better or a worse copy, but at least it's mine. I don't want anybody to think I'm stepping on their toes or not giving credit where credit is due.

No comments:

Post a Comment

All comments are greatly appreciated, but replies aren't guaranteed...