Saturday, July 06, 2024

Christmas In July '24-Day 6

Day six already, time sure flies when you're having fun! I don't know how I used to do this when I was sharing out a dozen tracks a day, and went into the month with no music already recorded. Well, I was single and had few obligations out in the real world, so I was able to spend all my time finding, recording and sharing the music. But life has changed a bit for me, but I've still got music to share with you. Today's new track is a winter-themed song from Kinks guitarist Dave Davies. His brother Ray seems to have been the powerhouse behind The Kinks success, but Dave had a hand in it as well. It's certainly a change of pace from the other two songs. Enjoy!

1. The New York Percussion Trio-Drummer's Holiday (Holidays For Percussion, 1959)
2. Jane Morgan-Arranged And Conducted By Charles Albertine-Have Yourself A Merry Little Christmas (Jane Morgan Serenades The Victors, 1963)
3. Dave Davies-Cold Winter (Chosen People, 1983)

MEGA (MP3)

MEGA (FLAC)

PS-Did you know there are still a lot of Christmas in July shares available to download from earlier years? In the past the shares used to expire after a few months of disuse, but at this point they seem to hang around for a bit. You can go back to 2019, 2020, 2021, 2022 and 2023 if you want a lot more good music to listen to. I've just linked to the first day of sharing, but from there you can walk your way through the entire month (or more) of goodies. And there are a lot of best-of and second-best-of collections to be found in there, too. Looks like there may be a few Thanksgiving and Chanukah shares sprinkled in there as well. You could be busy for a while.

8 comments:

  1. Almost all my Mega and Mediafire links still work, going back for more than a decade. It's kind of amazing.

    Thanks for the latest trio!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're more popular than I am. I couldn't keep my links live to save me until I started paying for the service. :) They would just expire from non-use before the next season.

      Delete
  2. Anything you post is appreciated, Ernie.

    NY Percussion Trio: https://www.discogs.com/master/704404-New-York-Percussion-Trio-Holidays-For-Percussion

    Jane Morgan: https://archive.org/details/lp_jane-morgan-serenades-the-victors_jane-morgan?q=%22jane+Morgan%22

    Dave Davies:

    Discogs (if you want the back too): https://www.discogs.com/release/13123627-Dave-Davies-Chosen-People

    Amazon (cleaner front cover image): https://www.amazon.com/Chosen-People-Dave-Davies/dp/B000AMPZ2G

    ReplyDelete
  3. 110 degrees in Northern CA. and I'm listening to Cold Winter. I had a laugh thinking about that. And a beer. Thanks Ernie.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hoping that cools you off just a little bit. Not quite that hot here in Florida, but we've got that miserable humidity working against us. :(

      Delete
  4. Laurie Gee Whiz It's Christmas In JulySunday, July 21, 2024 9:54:00 PM

    That Jane Morgan track is excellent, as is the New York Percussion Trio. Not sure how I feel about the Dave Davies track - might like the Kinks' Christmas song better. Thank you!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, Dave Davies track isn't much Christmas, but the other make up for it. :)

      Delete

All comments are greatly appreciated, but replies aren't guaranteed...