Wednesday, July 06, 2022

Christmas In July 2022-Part 4

Good afternoon, and welcome to the latest installment of Christmas In July, where I share out Christmas music from non-Christmas albums, or something like that. You'll figure it out. Here's a list of what I've got for you today.

1. Dance Of The Sugar Plum Fairy (From "The Nutcracker") by Hal Mooney And His Orchestra from Ballet With A Beat (Mercury Perfect Presence Sound Series PPS 6017, Stereo, 1961). And oldie but a goodie. When I went to create my Second-Best comps this year, I was surprised to find that I had never ripped the tracks from this LP to a full bitrate, so I went back and did them. You'll find those new rips have already been incorporated in the my collections, I hope that's not cheating.

2. November-Troika (Sleigh-Ride) by Morton Gould At The Piano And Conducting His Orchestra from Tchaikovsky's The Months (Columbia Masterworks ML 4487, Mono, 1951). Yes, another rerun, but a rare find.

3. Silent Night (Logo), production music from Trendsetter Volume A Disc 13 (Willaim B. Tanner Company TRS V-A Disc 13, Stereo). I've got a lot of this stuff, so I suspect there will be days with nothing bu production music. Prepare yourself.

4. Orchestrated Pattern (Christmas) (Deck The Halls), more production music from Trendsetter Volume A Disc 31-Wild Work Parts (Media General TRS V-A/D-31, Stereo). I like to try to listen to the shares as I'm typing all this info in, but these production bits are so small I'm going to run out of music before I'm done.

5. Mid-Winter Sale-Instrumental 1, another bit of production music, this time from New TTS Production Music Tracks #3317 (William B. Tanner Company 3317, Stereo). You'll note that all of these are from different albums. That's not always going to be the case, I'm pretty sure I have more tracks from some of the LPs than I have sharing days left.

6. Pre-Holiday Sale-Instrumental Version 2, yet more, from New TTS Production Music Tracks #3425 (William B. Tanner Company 3425, Stereo). I almost did nothing but production music this month, but there was too much other stuff in the pile to ignore.

7. We're Gonna Shine At Christmas Time-Vocal, production music yet again, from The Great Christmas And Special Events Production Library-Disc 7 (Airforce Broadcast Services Disc 7, Stereo, 1984). More and more and more...

8. Winter Song by The Saint Joseph's College Glee Club-Rev. Lawrence Heiman, C.PP.S., Director-David Tetrault, Accompanist, from the album Voices Of The Twin Towers-Saint Joseph's College Glee Club 1961 (No Label 812J-6505, Mono, 1961). Not production music!

9. Looking Great/Christmas, the last of the production music for today, from The Production Garden-Volume 1-Bright & Cheerful (The Production Garden Volume 1 "Not For Broadcast In The State Of Texas", Stereo).

10. The Man With The Merry Ho-Ho-Ho by Kay Lande from Let's Have A Party With Kay Lande (Harmony (Columbia) HL 9546 Demonstration Not For Sale, Mono, 1964). I believe this was something that wasn't listed at Discogs, so I had to add it. That really slows me down when I'm trying to rip a bunch of music, but I like to get the data in there when I can.

And that's it for now. More soon, I promise. Hope you're enjoying the tunes!

MEGA

2 comments:

  1. I keep having this dream that you post 20 Christmas tunes every hour on the hour. That's not really happening is it?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wish! But I don't have that many records in the stack this year. I could blow through the remaining 78's in a day at that rate, though, but I'd have to do a lot of tagging in a hurry. :)

    ReplyDelete

All comments are greatly appreciated, but replies aren't guaranteed...