Friday, December 02, 2016

Austria, Not Australia

I figure any request for something I forgot that I posted is a good one, so here's something from 2012 that I have very little memory of.  I'm sure I was trying to get something else from the great Westminster label up, but it certainly didn't leave much of an impression on me.  Don't let that discourage you, though, everyone has a different taste in music.  Please give a listen to Vienna Akademie Kammerchor-Conducted By Günther Theuring-Christmas Carols From Austria (Westminster WP 6019, Mono, 1956).

1. Stille Nacht (Silent Night)
2. In Dulci Jubilo
3. Es Ist Ein Reis Entsprungen (Lo, How A Rose E'er Blooming)
4. O Du Fröhliche (O Thou Joyful)
5. Joseph, Lieber Joseph Mein (Joseph, My Loving Joseph)
6. Der Engel Sprach (The Angel Spoke To The Shepherds)
7. Von Himmel Hoch (From Heaven Above)
8. Congratulamini Nunc Omnes (Now Let Us All Rejoice)
9. Es Blühen Die Maien (The Mayflowers Are Blooming)
10. Es Wird Scho Glei Dumpa (It Will Soon Be Dark)
11. Heissa Buama (Hey, Boys)
12. O Jesulein Zart (O Sweet Little Jesus)
13. Es Hat Sich Halt Eröffnet (The Heavenly Gate Has Opened)
14. Still, Still (Hush, Hush)
15. O Jubel, O Freud (O Joy, O Gladness)
16. Schlaf, Schlaf (Sleep, Sleep)
17. Kommts Her Ihr Hirten (Come Here, You Shpherds)
18. Andachtsjodler (Devotional Christmas Yodel)
19. Stacherl (Eustace)

Zippyshare

1 comment:

All comments are greatly appreciated, but replies aren't guaranteed...