Sunday, January 23, 2011

Pink-tacular


One of my favorite birds hereabouts is the roseate spoonbill. But they're pretty few and far between, so it's rare I get to shoot them. I was up at Cockroach Bay a couple of weeks ago, or at least the road that dead ends into Cockroach Bay, and I stopped to shoot some birds near a fence. They turned out to not be very interesting, but way out in the flooded fields were a few spoonbills, just chilling out. As I watched them, they decided to fly from one spot to another, one at a time. I shot and shot and shot, and I got this when the very last one finally joined the rest of the flock. They were pretty far away, so it's not the best shot, but I thought it was nice to get one of them with wings outstretched like this. Now if I could just get a similar picture where he's close enough to fill the frame...

1 comment:

  1. Fun! I don't think I've ever seen a roseate spoonbill flapping its wings like that. Although, one morning I was walking through the 'hood and for some reason looked up -- and saw two roseate spoonbills gliding overhead.

    ReplyDelete

All comments are greatly appreciated, but replies aren't guaranteed...