Thursday, November 01, 2007

November, Part Uno


Here's the first pair of calendars for the month of November. There seems to be an architectural theme going on here. The shot above, from the Florida set, is Castillo De San Marcos, the old fort at St. Augustine. This is the oldest remaining structure built by Europeans in America. (I have to be careful how I word that...) Not nearly so old, but probably just as striking is the church below. I forget the name of it, but this is in downtown Cleveland, Ohio, right off of the little square in front of Terminal Tower. I love how the skewed perspective makes the steeple reach for the sky, as if it's straining to somehow match the skyscrapers around it. And catching all the birds in flight is just icing on the photographic cake. I'll stop now...

No comments:

Post a Comment

All comments are greatly appreciated, but replies aren't guaranteed...