Monday, October 01, 2007

Not So Crazy Otto


I just keep getting drawn further and further afield... While researching Crazy Otto for an earlier post, I found this great bit of artwork on an LP that I had somehow missed earlier. It's not a doodle, but it has the feel of some of the great doodles I've found in the past. This is the cover of Crazy Otto (aka Fritz Schulz-Reichel)-Not So Crazy Otto (Decca DL 8370). Gotta love all those bob-haired beauties gathered around the piano. And Otto himself looks like some weird cross between Tony Curtis and Peter Lorre. Heaven knows what's up with that.

3 comments:

  1. From Russia With Love!

    http://easymusic-georgy.blogspot.com/
    Crazy Otto - my favorit pianist !
    Georgy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. He also kind of resembles Spike Jones, from the same time period. Maybe the record company thought people would be confused and by this record!
    Kenny

    ReplyDelete
  3. I meant "buy" instead of "by," or course. No way to correct these things it seems.
    Kenny

    ReplyDelete

All comments are greatly appreciated, but replies aren't guaranteed...