Monday, July 02, 2007

Oodles Of Doodles CCXXXVIII-Christmas In July 2007


The more I thought about it, the more I was unhappy with just sharing out single tracks for my Christmas In July celebration. My blog is about both art and music, well, maybe not art, but my photography at least. I didn't want to scan in all the LP covers from all the tracks I'm sharing, because I'm terribly lazy, so I thought back to July 0f 2005 when I shared out Christmas doodles. So that's what I'm doing! In addition to a few Christmassy tracks each day, you also get a Christmas doodle. The two have nothing to do with each other, but at least I'm getting something visual into the blog. Today's full color doodle comes from the flip-side of Ferrante & Teicher-We Wish You A Merry Christmas (United Artists UAS 6536, 1966). You have to get an original label pressing to see the doodle, though. I've seen lots of these on Mistletoe Records, and they omit a few of the songs, as well as this great doodle. If the doodle looks familiar, it's because it's very similar to the one I shared out first in 2005 from Jimmy Roselli. Same label, same year and same artist, I'm sure. Stay tuned for more of these as the month goes on.

No comments:

Post a Comment

All comments are greatly appreciated, but replies aren't guaranteed...