Saturday, July 21, 2007

Looking Up


Before I went to California this past June, I threw up a bunch of my favorite pictures from my previous trip four years ago. One of my favorite from that trip is the version shown below. The picture above is from my more recent trip. I don't think either picture is better than the other, they both have their strengths and weaknesses. I don't know why I have this tendency to take the same picture over and over again, even when I think I've gotten a good one. Just so you know, what you are looking at is a set of four cables that links the roadway of the Golden Gate Bridge to the main support cables, many feet in the air. I used to think there was only one cable until I had the chance to ride across the bridge way back in 1983 with my dad. We didn't stop, but he drove slow enough that I was able to tell it was four cables and not one. Now you know, and you can save yourself a trip.

No comments:

Post a Comment

All comments are greatly appreciated, but replies aren't guaranteed...